[SIB-courses] NGS - Genome variant analysis, 15 – 16 September 2022, Bern

Valeria DiCola Valeria.Dicola at sib.swiss
Mon Jul 11 09:37:58 CEST 2022

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that the following SIB course on:

NGS - Genome variant analysis<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220915_NGSGV>

which will take place on 15 - 16 September, 2022, in person in the University of Bern.

The detection of genetic variation is of major interest in various disciplines spanning from ecology and evolution research to inherited disease discovery and precision oncology. Next generation sequencing (NGS) methods are very powerful for the detection of genomic variants. Thanks to its throughput and cost-efficiency it enables the detection of a large number of variants in a large number of samples.
In this two-day course, we will cover the steps from read alignment to variant calling and annotation. We will mainly focus on the detection of germline mutations by following the GATK best practices. This course is intended for life scientists who are already familiar with general concepts of NGS technologies and want to expand their knowledge and skills on variant analysis.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220915_NGSGV>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<mailto:training at sib.swiss>.

Best wishes,

Valeria