[SIB-courses] Best Practices in Programming, 6-7 July 2022, Zurich

Gregoire Rossier Gregoire.Rossier at sib.swiss
Mon Jun 20 11:20:10 CEST 2022

Dear all,

This is a reminder to let you know that we have 7 places available for the following SIB course on:

Best Practices in Programming<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220706_BPP>

This 2-day workshop will take place in Zurich on 6-7 July 2022 and is designed to life scientists wanting to improve their skills and techniques for effectively developing software.

In details, the workshop will focus on learning and internalizing the practices of unit testing, refactoring, and version control through hands-on experience. The first morning will start with an introduction into these concepts and tools used to support them. In the afternoonand the second day, we will transition to a code clinic and work together in small groups applying these practices to make improvements to code brought by participants. Due to the nature of the course, with a lot of code handling, it will not be taught remotely.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220706_BPP>.
Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<mailto:training at sib.swiss>.

Best Regards,

Gregoire