[SIB-courses] NGS - Quality control, Alignment, Visualisation, 16-18 May 2022, Bern

Valeria DiCola Valeria.Dicola at sib.swiss
Mon Mar 14 12:06:48 CET 2022

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course on:

NGS - Quality control, Alignment, Visualisation<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220516_NGSQC>

which will be taking place at the University of Bern on 16 - 18 May 2022.

Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) methods have had a large impact on many biological fields due to a very rapid decrease in cost and throughput. It often results in hundreds of gigabytes of data. This can make the downstream analysis challenging and requires bioinformatics skills.

In this module, we will introduce the most used sequencing technologies and explain their concepts. Using different datasets, we will practice quality control, alignment of reads to a reference genome and visualize the output. The course materials can be found in the dedicated GitHub<https://sib-swiss.github.io/NGS-introduction-training/2021.11/> page.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220516_NGSQC>.

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<https://training@sib.swiss/>.

Have a nice day,

Valeria