[SIB-courses] NGS - Genome Variant Analysis, 24-25 March 2022, Streamed

Gregoire Rossier Gregoire.Rossier at sib.swiss
Wed Feb 2 13:26:11 CET 2022

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course on:

NGS – Genome Variant Analysis<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220324_NGSGV>
24-25 March 2022<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220324_NGSGV>
Streamed<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220324_NGSGV>

The detection of genetic variation is of major interest in various disciplines spanning from ecology and evolution research to inherited disease discovery and precision oncology. Next generation sequencing (NGS) methods are very powerful for the detection of genomic variants. Thanks to its throughput and cost-efficiency it enables the detection of a large number of variants in a large number of samples. In this two-day course we will cover the steps from read alignment to variant calling and annotation. We will mainly focus on the detection of germline mutations by following the GATK best practices.

This course is intended for life scientists who are already familiar with general concepts of NGS technologies.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220324_NGSGV>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<mailto:training at sib.swiss>.

Have a nice day,
Gregoire