[SIB-courses] ELIXIR-GOBLET Train-the-Trainer course, streamed, on 8-11 March 2022

Patricia.Palagi at sib.swiss Patricia.Palagi at sib.swiss
Wed Feb 2 12:01:45 CET 2022

Dear all,

Would you like to become a trainer or a better one? If so, this ELIXIR-GOBLET Train-the-Trainer<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220308_TTTCH> course is for you!

This course will be live-streamed on 8-11 March 2022, from 9:00 to 12:30 CET.

The course is organized around four sessions, covering:
1. Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
2. Lesson, course, and materials design
3. Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
4. Assessment and feedback in training and teaching
Examples and discussions will also focus on the challenges presented by academic teaching.

If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be beneficial to you.
• How learning works?
• How can I use learning principles to improve my teaching?
• How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?
• How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?
• How can I assess whether my students actually understand my lessons? Are they actually learning?
• What is the best balance between theory and practice?
• What works in a classroom and what doesn’t?

This course is offered to ELIXIR Switzerland, and thus the priority will be given to participants working at SIB or Swiss institutions. However, we will do our most to accommodate participants from other countries as well.

Full details and the application form can be found here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220308_TTTCH>.

With best regards,
Patricia Palagi

--