[SIB-courses] Introduction to GPU programming for life sciences, 1 February 2022, streamed

Diana Marek Diana.Marek at sib.swiss
Wed Dec 8 22:54:49 CET 2021

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the following SIB course on:

Introduction to GPU programming for life sciences<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220201_GPU>.

which will be streamed on 01 February 2022 is now open for applications.

We currently live in an era where most computers possess multiple computing units, and where parallelization is key. In particular, GPGPUs (General Purpose Graphical Processing Units) are built for massive parallelism and they have recently risen to prominence as they are now used for many scientific tasks, such as physics or biological simulations, statistical inference or machine learning. In this crash course we will focus on CUDA as well as several CUDA-based API, including openMP GPU offloading and python APIs. Through concrete examples we will describe the principles at the core of a successful parallelization attempt.

This course is intended for programmers and computational biologists who want to take their first steps with GPU programming. We will assume no previous knowledge of GPU programming, CUDA, or parallelization techniques, but we require that the participant be proficient in at least one language among python or C++.

Further detailed information and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20220201_GPU>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<mailto:training at sib.swiss>.

Best wishes,
Diana

[SIB logo]
Diana Marek
Training Manager & Computational Biologist
SIB | Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Quartier Sorge - Bâtiment Amphipôle - CH 1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
t +41 21 692 40 77
Diana.Marek at sib.swiss - www.sib.swiss<http://www.sib.swiss>
Working Wed to Fri
The information in this e-mail, and those ensuing, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and notify the sender immediately.