[SIB-courses] First Steps in Parallelization with OpenMP, 24 November 2021, Streamed from Basel

Monique Zahn Monique.Zahn at sib.swiss
Mon Oct 11 07:56:36 CEST 2021

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that the following SIB course on:

First Steps in Parallelization with OpenMP<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20211124_OPEMP>

which will be streamed on 24 November 2021 is now open for applications.

We currently live in the era of multicore computers, where almost every computing machine has many CPUs. To benefit from this computational power, we need to develop programs explicitly for parallel machines. Nowadays there are several paradigms to write parallel code.

This crash course is addressed to researchers who want to take their first steps in parallel computing. It will focus on OpenMP, which supports compiled code (e.g., C++ or Fortran) that runs on a single computing node. This course will also introduce some alternatives for Python, as well as parallelization over distributed memory machines via MPI.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20211124_OPEMP>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<mailto:training at sib.swiss>.

Have a very good week,

Monique