[SIB-courses] Data visualization with R, 22 - 23 November 2021, Lausanne

Valeria DiCola Valeria.Dicola at sib.swiss
Wed Oct 6 13:35:07 CEST 2021

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course on:
Data visualization with R<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20211122_DATVIS>
which will be which will be taking place at the University of Lausanne, 22 - 23 November 2021.

During this course, we will present different ways for representing data, how to choose among them, why you should avoid using error bars, how to design efficient graphs, which tools to use (and which tools to avoid !), how to design graphs for specific media, good practices for plotting data, and common mistakes to avoid.

This course will also include practicals using the R statistical software; during these practicals, we will discuss and introduce the different models for creating graphics in R (including base R and ggplot2).

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20211122_DATVIS>.

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<https://training@sib.swiss/>.

Have a nice day,

Valeria