[SIB-courses] First Steps in Parallelization with OpenMP, 20 May 2021, streamed

Patricia Palagi Patricia.Palagi at sib.swiss
Fri Mar 12 13:59:05 CET 2021

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course:

First Steps in Parallelization with OpenMP<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20210520_OPEMP>

which will be live-streamed on 20 May 2021.

We currently live in the era of multicore computers, where almost every computing machine has many CPUs. In order to benefit from this computational power, we need to develop programs explicitly for parallel machines.

Nowadays there are several paradigms to write parallel code, and this crash course will focus on OpenMP, which supports compiled code (e.g. C++ or Fortran) that run in a single computing node. This course will also introduce some alternatives for Python, and to parallelization methods on distributed memory machines via MPI.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form for this course are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/20210520_OPEMP>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss.<mailto:training at sib.swiss>

Best regards,
Patricia