[sib-courses] SIB course - Introduction to GPU programming for life sciences- 2 February 2021 - Streamed from Basel

Valeria DiCola Valeria.Dicola at sib.swiss
Wed Dec 2 15:24:20 CET 2020

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the SIB course:

Introduction to GPU programming for life sciences<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/2021-02-GPU>

2 February 2021, Streamed from Basel.

We currently live in an era where most computers possess multiple computing units, and where parallelization is key. In particular, GPGPUs (General Purpose Graphical Processing Units) are built for massive parallelism and they have recently risen to prominence as they are now used for many scientific tasks, such as physics or biological simulations, statistical inference or machine learning. In this crash course we will focus on CUDA as well as several CUDA-based API, including openMP GPU offloading and python APIs. Through concrete examples we will describe the principles at the core of a successful parallelization attempt.

This course is intended for programmers and computational biologists who want to take their first steps with GPU programming. We will assume no previous knowledge of GPU programming, CUDA, or parallelization techniques, but we require that the participant be proficient in at least one language among python or C++.

Further detailed information and application form are available here<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/2021-02-GPU>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss.<mailto:training at sib.swiss>

Best regards,

Valeria