[sib-courses] SIB course - Advanced Statistics: Statistical Modeling, 17 - 20 August 2020, Lausanne

Monique Zahn Monique.Zahn at sib.swiss
Wed Jun 24 14:47:53 CEST 2020

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course on:

*Advanced Statistics: Statistical Modeling, 17 - 20 August 2020,
Lausanne**. *

While the statistical models and tools presented in an introductory
statistics course (such as linear regression) can be used to answer a
wide range of questions in life sciences, many types of data can not be
analyzed using these simple approaches.

This 4-day course presents advanced topics, such as generalized and
mixed-effects linear models. We will further discuss the application of
mixed-effects linear models in analyzing longitudinal data. Finally, in
an attempt to move beyond linearity, we will explore extensions of
linear models, such as polynomial regression, splines, local regression,
and generalized additive models. Throughout the course, the emphasis
will be put on concrete applications in clinical and biological data
analysis using real world examples.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are
available here
<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/2020-08-advanced-stats>.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at
training at sib.swiss.

Kind regards,

Monique

**--
***Monique Zahn, PhD
SIB Training
* *SIB | Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics*
Quartier Sorge, Bâtiment Amphipôle - 1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
monique.zahn at sib.swiss - www.sib.swiss
****

********