[sib-courses] Course "API Design for Programmers", Lausanne, Thursday 12 March 2020 (afternoon)

Frédéric Schütz frederic.schutz at sib.swiss
Tue Jan 21 10:25:50 CET 2020

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course:

  "API Design for Programmers"

which will take place in Lausanne, on the afternoon of Thursday 12 March
2020.

Good API design is essential to good software development because, from
the point-of-view of the users of your modules, the API is the software.
This class explains how to create better code interfaces to your
software modules, libraries, and frameworks, regardless of the
language(s) in which they're implemented.

In this half-day seminar, we'll explore modern theories of what makes
for a good API and examine many practical examples, drawn from
real-world software libraries, of both good and bad designs.

This class is taught by Damian Conway, a well-known speaker and
lecturer; Damian already lectured at SIB several times, and consistently
receives amazing feedback about his courses.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are
available at https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/2020-03-API-design

Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss.

Best regards

Frédéric