[sib-courses] SIB course: "Statistical methods for big data in life sciences and health with R ", Lausanne, 4-7 June 2018

Diana Marek Diana.Marek at sib.swiss
Mon Apr 16 11:21:00 CEST 2018

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course:
*
**"Statistical methods for big data in life sciences and health with R "
-**4 to 7 June 2018 -* *Lausanne*

In this 4-day course, biologists, computational biologists and
bioinformaticians will acquire the key competencies that they need when
dealing with big data from health and life sciences fields. In the
context of R, we will discuss the visualisation of large data sets,
machine-leaning algorithms, linear models, classification algorithms as
well introduce neural networks. Since many R functions cannot handle
large datasets, we will also explore alternative R solutions for several
widely used statistical functions.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are
available from here
<https://www.sib.swiss/training/course/2018-06-big-data>.
Any question? Don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss.

Best wishes,
Diana Marek
--
SIB logo 20th anniversary
	*Diana Marek, PhD*

The information in this e-mail, and those ensuing, is confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and
notify the sender immediately.