[sib-courses] SIB course: Statistics for Life Scientists, Oct 30 - Nov 2, Basel
geoffrey.fucile at unibas.ch
Thu Aug 24 15:00:37 CEST 2017
We are pleased to announce the following SIB course:
"Statistics for Life Scientists"
This four-day course will provide life sciences researchers with experience in the application of statistical analysis techniques to a variety of biological problems. Topics include:
- What is a probability? (theoretical and historical perspectives)
- Reproducible research
- Data summarization and exploration
- Common distributions and their applications
- Hypothesis tests (and which [not] to use)
- Unsupervised learning (clustering, PCA, applications to batch effects)
- Supervised learning (linear models, logistic regression, generalized linear models, random forest)
Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are available here<http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/stats-basel2017>.
Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss<mailto:training at sib.swiss>
Geoffrey Fucile, PhD
Bioinformatics Support and Training - sciCORE Computing Center
SIB | Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 - CH-4056 Basel
Phone: +41 61 207 1873
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the courses