[sib-courses] Course "NGS - Quality control, Alignment, Visualisation", 9-10 February 2017, Bern, Switzerland

Gregoire Rossier gregoire.rossier at sib.swiss
Thu Dec 22 11:53:32 CET 2016

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the following SIB course:

*NGS - Quality control, Alignment, Visualisation*

*9-10 February 2017, Bern, Switzerland*

In this module, we will introduce the most used sequencing technologies
and explain their decryption concepts.

We will also introduce the repositories e.g. the European Nucleotide
Archive (ENA), Sequence Read Archive (SRA) from which you could retrieve
raw data based on specific experiments. We will practice the usage of
command line tools to search and fetch NGS raw data in a powerful way.

Finally, using different datasets, we will practice screening for
quality control, filtering reads for better downstream analysis, mapping
reads to reference genome and visualize the output.

This course is intended for life scientists who are already dealing with
NGS data or willing to efficiently use publicly available NGS data, and
would like to be able to start analysing them.

Further detailed information, prerequisites and application form are
available from
http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/2017-02-ngs1

Any question? Don't hesitate to contact us at training at sib.swiss

We wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gregoire
On behalf of the SIB Training Group.

--

Grégoire Rossier