[sib-courses] New SIB workshop: "Survival analysis", Friday 2 October 2015 - REMINDER

Diana Marek Diana.Marek at isb-sib.ch
Thu Sep 24 18:48:04 CEST 2015

Dear all,

We still have few seats available for our *Survival analysis* course in
October.
Please follow this link to apply :
http://edu.isb-sib.ch/course/view.php?id=227

Best wishes,
Diana Marek

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce a new SIB statistics workshop:

   "Survival analysis"
   (http://edu.isb-sib.ch/course/view.php?id=227)

which will take place in Lausanne on Friday 2 October 2015.

Overview:

The course will provide the basic knowledge and tools necessary to
analyze survival data (data that consists of time durations until an
event happen).

The first part of the course will consist in an introduction to survival
analysis, illustrated with practical examples. During the second part,
we will analyze survival data using the "R" statistical software;
participants can bring their own survival data and get help on how to
analyze them, or they will be provided with common datasets.

The course will go through the following topics: survival data,
censoring, main functions and notations; Kaplan-Meier model,
Kaplan-Meier curves, log-rank test; Cox PH model, PH assumption, Hazard
Ratio.

Prerequisites:
A basic knowledge in statistics is recommended in order to attend the
course; participants should also be familiar with the command line
environment of the “R” language.

Participants should bring their own laptop with Wifi enabled and the "R"
software installed (see http://www.r-project.org/ for more information).

The attendance fee is 50 CHF (for members of the academic community) and
includes course material, coffee break and lunch. Other participants
should contact us before registering.

Registration is now open at
http://www.isb-sib.ch/edu/Registration/SIB_courses_app.php?id=317

The list of forthcoming SIB courses is available on the web at
http://www.isb-sib.ch/training/

For the organizers,

Frédéric Schütz

--
*Diana Marek, PhD
*Vital-IT - Training & Outreach *

The information in this e-mail, and those ensuing, is confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and
notify the sender immediately.