[sib-courses] Joint Course "Information Retrieval and Text Mining for Biology" - Geneva, 3-5 June 2015

Grégoire Rossier gregoire.rossier at isb-sib.ch
Fri May 1 16:55:11 CEST 2015

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce a joint course from SIB and the Doctoral
Program StarOmics entitled:

*"**Information Retrieval and Text Mining for Biology**"*

This three-day course, which will be held in Geneva from *3-5 June
2015*, aims to provide participants with a state of the art information
retrieval (identify relevant documents in a collection) and text mining
(identify and extract relevant information in a document) applied to
biology. Successes and evolution since the 2000s as well as current
challenges and recent trends will be discussed as well.
_Objectives:_

- understand the methods and the pipeline supporting most text mining
services
- evaluate different text analytic tasks such with the appropriate metrics
- use some text mining services to support biocuration

Further information is available from our website
<http://edu.isb-sib.ch/course/view.php?id=210>

For administrative questions, please contact staromics at cuso.ch
<mailto:staromics at cuso.ch>
For technical and scientific questions, please contact
training at isb-sib.ch <mailto:training at isb-sib.ch>

Hope to see you there!

For the organizers,
Grégoire Rossier