[sib-courses] New SIB course: "Advanced statistics", 6-10 February 2012

Frederic Schutz Frederic.Schutz at isb-sib.ch
Thu Jan 12 11:57:58 CET 2012

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce a new SIB course:

   "Advanced statistics: Statistical modeling"
   (http://edu.isb-sib.ch/course/view.php?id=113)

which will take place during the week of 6-10 February 2012.

This course will be centered on "statistical modeling" applied to
biological problems, and we plan to discuss the following topics:
advanced linear models, mixed models, generalized linear models,
classification, and a short introduction to Bayesian statistics.
The emphasis will be put on concrete applications in biology.

It is assumed that participants will have a level equivalent to the
course "Introduction to statistics for biologists" that was organized in
January 2011 in Geneva (http://edu.isb-sib.ch/course/view.php?id=89),
and this course will build up on the content of the introductory course.
In particular, prior knowledge of the "R" language and environment for
statistical computing and graphics is required.

Registration is now open.

The list of all SIB courses is available from the SIB website at:
http://www.isb-sib.ch/education/

For the organizers,

Frédéric Schütz